Nancy Schorr, Software QA Automation Engineer
Adaptable team leader with innovative approach to solving complex problems. Enthusiastic about new languages/tools, and contributing to Agile teams. Some experience with Cassandra, CouchDB, MapReduce, Scala, TestNG, Jira, AWS, Jenkins and Postman. Certified Oracle 11g DBA. Excellent communication and documentation skills. Previous employers include Apple and Sun Microsystems.
Software Developer: Schorr Media, Santa Clara 6/2010–6/2017
· Developed Selenium scripts with Java, REST, WebDriver, Maven, Git, Eclipse, JNA, and JUnit.
· Coded Python programs including one that converts data formats, and another that sorts files.
· Developed a Java program that reformats and corrects iCal data for a Google Calendar.
· Established websites and domains with WordPress, Blogger, PHP, HTML and other tools.
Consultant: Astrolome, Tel Aviv (remote) 6/2011–6/2012
· QA for website, portals, and iOS software. Assisted with client consulting.
Website Developer: Self-Employed, Long Beach, CA 1/2007–12/2007
· Designed website with Paypal, ProStores, Intuit Merchant Services, Shopzilla, and eBay.
Automation Analyst: CSU, Long Beach, CA 2006
· Designed and developed programs in Perl and Korn Shell used to maintain Unix and Windows systems. Automated server/database tasks using eTrust, Cygwin and Solaris.
Software Engineer: Sun Microsystems, Java Group, Santa Clara 1997–2005
· Regression test case development with Java, JTreg, JCov and JavaTest; trained others to do the same. Modified Java JDK build scripts to include code coverage tools into the finished binaries.
· Created/maintained Oracle databases 8i-9i on Solaris. Wrote Perl scripts that query Oracle/Sybase databases and build web pages/emails. Developed PL/SQL stored procedures that included triggers, cursors and materialized views. Administered Tomcat, Apache, Sun servers.
· Lead Metrics Engineer and tools developer for Java group providing metrics, graphics and coding using SAS and Brio. Member of Sun’s bug tracking software design team. Performance testing and Test Lead for Swing and other Java components.
Software Engineer: Apple Computer, Cupertino 1992–1997
· Worked in the Advanced Technology Group developing extensive performance testing suites in Virtual User (VU) and other tools to measure CPU performance on 200+ Mac applications.
· Led the performance effort in the quality group to establish a performance testing strategy.
· Developed two large automated performance testing suites and two trace analyzers in C.
Test Lead for CD-300 and Quadra 660av. Maintained test network
and lab. Projects included: Mac IIvx, Quadras, Performas, At Ease, Mac TV, Mac
Color Classic, LC III, System 7.1, Speech Recognition.
Lab Researcher and Lab Assistant: MacUser Magazine, Foster City 1989-1990
· Coordinated/advised magazine lab reviews. Made databases in Foxbase/FileMaker. Produced reports on products for editors, leads and management. Designed statistical graphs for review and publication.
QA Tester: Berkeley Imaging Technologies, Emeryville 1988
· Tested printer drivers for a Windows 3.0 Graphics Board, Laser Printer and Software.
· Google Apps Team Co-Lead: ProMatch, Sunnyvale. 9/2017 – 12/2017: Co-Lead of team supporting G Suite. Implementing and documenting standards across groups. Team technical training.
· Tech Team Member: SCALE 14x 2016: Helped set up wifi network at the Pasadena Convention Ctr.
· Previously Mailing and Membership Coordinator for Bay Area SIGGRAPH.
· UC Irvine: BA in Comparative Culture.
· Tech Training at Apple U, Sun U, Oracle U, Foothill C., CSU, UCSC, Oracle DBA U.
Awards / Certifications
· Certified Oracle Database 11g Associate (OCA), 2013.
· Thanks for tech help in Platform Performance: Strategies and Tactics.
· Various Sun and Apple awards. See Awards Page.
GitHub code examples